Agustin is an ex-professional athlete who discovered yoga at first as therapy in Hong Kong. In Argentina he started his studies on Hatha yoga and became a teacher of discipline. He then moved to the US where he did classes at different studios and created a community service for yoga.
In 2004 he went to New York to take a workshop on Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga. Agustin studied Hatha, Asthanga, Acro- Yoga, Thai Massage and Hatha Raja Yoga. Today Agustin lives in New York City and travels all around the world, teaching all aspects of the traditional and modern yoga, sharing like this with all the students and practioners of yoga in the different countries to which he is invited.
Agustin's Dharma Mittra Yoga Shiva Namaskar Vinyasa Series is a stairway to bliss that reintegrates the continuous flow of prana (cosmic energy) through the spinal column, emanating deep into all areas of the physical, metabolic, intuitive and bliss bodies. The carefully selected inspirational Yoga postures in Sri Dharma's Shiva Namaskar Vinyasa series for all the levels are a culmination of his 40 years dedicated organization. They will unify the physical, mental and emotional bodies. Practice of these asanas strengthens and tones muscles, glands and internal organs. The postures are performed with slow graceful movements, so fantastic inner calm and self-control are felt immediately. With regular practice problems and disease are gradually brought to an end & self-realization comes easily.
Agustin's yoga classes include:
- Hatha Yoga Basics - This class explores the traditional asanas (or "poses") of yoga, with basic to challenging options offered. Calming breathing techniques and the meditative aspect of your yoga practice will be explored
- Samba Yoga - A dynamic Vinyasa flow that combines the spiritual knowledge of yoga with the happiness of Samba music. Learn to blend your breathing and movements at the rhythm of traditional music and Brazilian drums.
- Power Vinyasa - A challenging yet accessible Vinyasa flow class. Link your breath to movement in this vigorous class which will get your heart rate going. Increase your balance, innovation, and technique.
- Slow Flow - Take it slow with this gentle and deep approach to Vinyasa flow. This practice links poses to breathe to reveal body awareness, inner strength, and easeful opening.
- Vinyasa Basics - Learn to move from pose to pose at the rhythm of your breathing. This is a beginners class intended to give you the structure to explore your practice.
- Hatha Raja - A challenging and physically absorbing Vinyasa series created by Sri Dharma Mittra for Dharma I, II, III, IV, and V. It reintegrates the flow of prana through the spinal column and emanates deep into all areas of the physical, metabolic, intuitive, and bliss bodies. It promotes harmony within all these layers so a concentrated state of radiant health is achieved. The highest crowning meditative asanas, pranayama (breathing techniques), and yoga nidra (psychic sleep), which are embedded in the deep roots of Dharma Mittra's teachings, are imparted to the student.
- Dharma I (Beginner) - This is the beginning level of the Dharma Mittra Yoga Series. Students will practice DY Surya Namaskar and be introduced to DY Shiva Namaskar Vinyasa Level I to warm up the body, bring flexibility to all muscles and joints, and wake up the nervous system. A gentle yet powerful series of balancing, stretching, back bending, twisting and inverted postures will follow. This practice ends with deep relaxation, breathing, and meditation exercises to remove impurities and bring a sense of well-being to the body and radiant peace to the mind.
- AcroYoga® - This blends the three ancient lineages of Yoga, Thai Massage, and Acrobatics to form the foundation of a unique new practice that cultivates trust, connection and playfulness. Through practicing AcroYoga, we experience a deepening trust in ourselves and others, and realize that by working in partnership, we manifest more than we ever could alone. Class may include: circle ceremony, asana, partner flow, Thai massage, therapeutic flying, inversions & spotting, and partner acrobatics. All levels of yogis are invited to come and find their Yoga practice challenged and expanded. Come support and be supported. No partner required.
- Psychic Development - Teaches a special series of mental exercises to improve your psychic abilities and projection of your thoughts. They include specific breathing exercises, directed visualizations, and these two powerful mantras:
- Mantra for Purification/Mantra for Unification - These will establish perfect psychic rhythm to mental patterns which put power behind your thoughts, making it easier to achieve your goals and desires in life. These ancient techniques have only been passed down by word of mouth from teacher to disciple and continue to be taught this way. This class culminates in a final meditation to make your personal dreams a reality.
- Pure Core - Condition your body and build long, lean muscles through a challenging and innovative sequence of exercises blending intervals of core training, yoga, isometrics and resistance work.
- Partner Flow - This is a creative sequence of mutually beneficial partner yoga asana and stretches. Communication, self-acceptance and honesty are the roots of the partner experience. Central to this practice are trust and compassion, the first two observances of Yoga. When two become one, we become breath in motion together. Bring a partner or find one in class.
- Circle Ceremony - This would be great to do on the beach! The Circle Ceremony is a celebratory yoga sequence where the students will feel harmony as a group and we blend together our breath & movement. This practice grounds and gathers us all. Time to celebrate!