Dean Hodgkin is an international fitness ambassador with over 16 years of experience and appearances at fitness events in 36 countries. His body of work has lead to an international Career Achievement recognition award and Best International Fitness Presenter at the One Body World awards in New York.
Dean is well-known for presenting a wide range of themed workouts and talks including Weightloss Walkout, TKO-Combat Fitness, Express Cardio Workout and Cardio Tai Chi, Strictly Dance Aerobics among others. He regularly writes freelance features, quotes and tips for a number of mainstream international publications. Dean has also choreographed dance fitness routines for fashion shows, workout DVDs and many launch events.
Dean's master yoga classes include:
- Fitness Yoga - A very different approach to total body toning using hatha based poses to explore your movement potential and encourage your whole body to work in harmony. This is not a traditional yoga class and culminates in an exciting, dynamic routine.
- Stretch Workshop - Flexibility is one of the 5 health related fitness components due to its ability to significantly impact upon your quality of life, particularly in later years. This is a great opportunity to understand why a good range of motion in your joints is important, how it affects your health and how you can improve it.
- Yogapump - The ultimate fusion of East and West, old and new, marrying ancient hatha postures with 21st century sports science techniques to bring a result guaranteed shape up programme like no other. Targeting the core muscles, this class uses fitness equipment in an all new way that you will certainly want to experience again.
- Chillax - Exploring a number of relaxation techniques to help you to release tension, to reduce stress and to improve your concentration skills. Learn a few techniques you can take away and use anywhere to enhance your mental health.
- Cycology - A spin class with a difference, this session will take you on a mental journey, venturing into visualisation and breathing techniques to benefit both your body and mind. This truly unique class can only be described as meditation in motion.
- Aqua Chi - Taking a basic tai chi routine into the pool provides an amazingly calming and nurturing experience that enables you to fully explore the concept of stillness in movement. Whilst the water's buoyancy supports you there is also resistance to the limbs, which provides a sculpting effect for the muscles.
- Combat Flow - Created in Okinawa around the turn of the 17th century, kata were patterns of movement that allowed karate practitioners to record accounts of their victorious battles but also provided a mode for practising techniques. This class takes one of those patterns and sets it to music for a gentle class based on chi kung principles of improving wellbeing.
- Yoqua - Transferring yoga poses into the water affords an opportunity to rediscover the joys of taking your limbs through new ranges of movement. Working in water encourages you to investigate your full range of motion, provides support for difficult balances and is the perfect aid to relaxation.
Dean will also be the main presenter for our Zumba fitness holiday.
October 24th to 29th, 2011