We are big fans of afternoon tea here at the BodyHoliday as I’m sure many of you know, but did you know that the little afternoon pick me up can actually have many health boosting benefits. Unfortunately I’m not talking about the scones, but next time you stop by the Pavilion at tea time try out one of our herbal teas, besides being a warming, caffeine-free treat adding to your daily water intake, herbal teas can have a range of health benefits.
Here are some of the most common flavours and their benefits, but don’t be afraid to try something new!
- Can relieve abdominal gas and bloating
- Can relieve muscle spasms
- Good for nausea
- Can relieve symptoms of motion sickness; nausea, vomiting, upset stomach
- Great for aiding digestion
- Calming and sedative properties
- Can aid insomnia
- Good for lifting the spirits!
- Can help with concentration
Dandelion or Milk Thistle
- Good liver cleansers
- Good source of vitamin C
- Can assist in weight loss
- Promotes healthy gums