Get fit and lose weight are the most commonly broken New Year’s resolutions, but it doesn’t have to be that way this year. Follow these simple steps to making a change towards a healthier, fitter you for 2013!
- Plan ahead. Planning is an essential part of any long-term strategy or change.
- Plan your shopping. Make a list of what you actually need from the supermarket and stick to the list. Don’t go shopping hungry as this will tempt you to buy things that look to nice to be left on the shelf!
- Plan your meals. Sit down on a Sunday and plan your food for the week ahead, look at what you will eat and ensure that you have all the groceries in the house ready.
- Plan your workouts. Plan your activities and workouts for the week and put them into your diary. Look for potential barriers there may be beforehand and plan how to fit them around your activities rather than let them take place.
- Set realistic goals. Goal setting is an essential drive and an important factor in motivation. Be realistic in your abilities and what you are looking to achieve.
- Set SMART goals. Ensure your goals are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time bound.
- Be flexible. Set a time frame for your goals but be flexible. Speak to an expert who knows realistically how long things take.
- Stay focused. Don’t set too many tasks so that you can stay focused. Achieve one goal with 100% effort and success before you plan and move onto the next.
- Reward yourself. Once you have achieved your goal reward yourself; if you have your eyes on a new pair of shoes use that as your motivation to succeed!