St Louis Post Dispatch
What are the best hotels in the world? Fodor’s recently announed its list of 100 Hotel Award winners, chosen by the experts at Fodor’s Travel.
While the U.S. had the most in the list (24), you can also find hotels on the list in Botswana, India, Tasmania and more.
Here are some highlights from the nine categories:
• New & Noteworthy – The world’s most noteworthy new hotels. Winners include: Conservatorium Hotel (The Netherlands); The NoMad Hotel (United States); Armani Hotel Milano (Italy)
• Global Icon – Top-of-mind, landmark hotels that are part of a destination’s fabric. Winners include: Mount Nelson Hotel (South Africa); Mandarin Oriental Bangkok (Thailand); Bellagio in Las Vegas
Trendsetter – Hotels that are changing the hospitality landscape. Winners include: The Out NYC (New York); Mashpi Lodge (Ecuador); Casa Calma (Argentina)
• Trip of a Lifetime-Destination hotels that offer a complete escape. Winners include: Southern Ocean Lodge (Australia); Amansara (Cambodia); Raffles Praslin Seychelles (Seychelles)
• Local Experience – Go-to hotels for an authentic sense of place. Winners include: Dorset Square Hotel (England); Alto Atacama (Chile); Aenaon Villas (Greece); the Hotel Lincoln in Chicago
• City Chic – Contemporary city hotels with great style. Winners include: Waldorf Astoria Chicago; Istanbul Edition (Turkey); Hotel Topazz (Austria)
• Royal Pedigree – Hotels with a royal past. Winners include: Palacio Nazarenas (Peru); Dromoland Castle (Ireland); Taj Lake Palace (India)
• Fun for All Ages -Hotels that offer terrific experiences for kids and adults alike. Winners include: Ocean House in Rhode Island; the Grand Floridian at Disney World ; Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa; Atlantis in the Bahamas
• Best All-Inclusive -Worry-free resorts where everything’s included in the rate. Winners include: The BodyHoliday (St. Lucia); Saffire Freycinet (Tasmania); Viceroy Riviera Maya (Mexico)
The complete list here.
Find the article at the St. Louis Post-Dispatch