What You Need to Know
Getting Married in St. Lucia
The Bodyholiday provides your every need to make your wedding day a success and will ensure you have a hassle free experience.
The following original documents (English translation) are required upon arrival, however copies can be sent to us in advance to expedite the legal process.
- Passports, Immigration Forms from the airport and Birth Certificates.
- Decree Absolute if either party is divorced*
- Death Certificate if either party is a widow/widower.
- Deed Poll if name has been changed.
- Parents consent by way of Affidavit from a Notary Public, if either party is below eighteen (18) years.
- Original Copy of your marriage certificate if you are planning on renewing your vows.
* Please ensure you have the original copies of the Divorce paper or photocopies certified only by the court where the divorce was granted.
2) Wedding Times
To make every couple feel individual and special we try our best to limit our weddings to one wedding a day, however wedding ceremonies are held between the hours of 11.00am and 3.00pm and are scheduled every two hours.
3) Wedding Procedure
Upon arrival, a letter will be placed in your welcome pack informing you of your appointment time with the wedding specialist the following day.
Please complete the forms attached to your welcome letter and return to us at the briefing. Signing of all legal documents will be done at the resort after your wedding briefing.
All documents handed to the wedding co-ordinator will be personally delivered back to your room. Feel free to notify your wedding co-ordinator during the briefing should you require extra copies of your marriage certificate. These cost US$25 per copy.
Your wedding specialist will deliver your bridal bouquet to your room 1 hour prior to the ceremony.
And of course, there is also nothing like the sound of steel drums at your destination wedding. We urge you to confirm such a requirement early on in advance in order to secure one for the day. Cancellations should be done at least 48 hours prior to the wedding day.
4) Wedding Assistance
Your wedding specialist will be will be coming to your room 20 minutes before the ceremony to assist you.
5) Marriage Witnesses
A minimum of 2 people are required to serve as your witnesses during the ceremony and to sign the wedding certificate. Upon request witnesses can be provided.
6) Guests & Children
Should you be planning to invite guests from the outside, we welcome the idea. Day passes for lunch, dinner and drinks cost US$160.00 per person. Dinner and drinks can be purchased at US$70.00 per person. Lunch and drinks are available at US$36.00 per person.
Passes can be purchased at reception.
Children are allowed to attend the wedding ceremony but would be required to leave after the photo shoot. However, should you wish to have a private dinner function we can make the exception.
Feel free to bring along your favourite music compilation. We’d be delighted to play your favourite tunes during the wedding.
We can organise for you a wedding dinner table at either Cariblue Restaurant or Tao.
- Cariblue – Dinner is served a la carte nightly except Wednesdays when we offer a Caribbean Buffet. It is recommended that you dine at 7:30pm. We also recommend that your table consist of a maximum of 10 persons. Should it be absolutely necessary to book a larger table, we will provide you with a set menu only. However it is necessary to place your request with the wedding co-ordinator 48 hours prior to your wedding day. Again, your set menu should be discussed and booked by the end of your wedding briefing, the day after your arrive.
- Tao – Reservations are required and can be prebooked for your wedding. A special table of up to six people may be booked. Please note that there is a surcharge for certain items on our Tao menu.
After cutting your cake and after the photo shoot during the course of dinner, kindly advise your waiter when you would like to have your cake served.
9) Wedding Charges
Your wedding extras are posted to your hotel folio. You can then settle this with us at the Concierge desk at the end of your stay.
10) Contact Information
For more information, please feel free to contact Diane Sylvester at our Special Events Department.