REOPENING PROTOCOLS AND PROCEDURES
These protocols will ensure that guests will be able to enjoy their full holiday experience without compromise and that our team can deliver the exceptional standard of care and hospitality our guests have become accustomed to, all while keeping safe in the post-COVID environment.
Fully Vaccinated Visitors
- Fully vaccinated visitors have expanded access on the island. Fully vaccinated visitors can now book hire cars, dine at more local restaurants, and take part in BodyHoliday activities and excursions.
- Fully vaccinated means a passenger has surpassed a two week period after the second dose of the two-shot vaccine or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine
- Proof of vaccination must be available to show at the airport
- Vaccinated passengers will be issued with a wristband while at the airport, which must be worn throughout your stay and removed only on departure
- Guests are required to adhere to all pre-arrival requirements set out by the Government of Saint Lucia. You can see an easy-to-follow infographic here that will help guide you through the travel requirements.
- Guests will be required to present a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 5 days of travel. This will need to be registered online at www.stlucia.org prior to departure.
- Any guests showing symptoms on arrival will be re-tested and required to remain in quarantine for 24 – 48 hours, or until test results are received.
- Further and full information of these requirements can be obtained at www.stlucia.org.
- Guests will be required to upload their PCR test cert and agree to our Covid 19 protocols via our webroom which can be accessed via the personal link at reservation and via the website.
Arrival: Airport Greeting
- On arrival at the airport our team members welcoming guests will wear face masks, practice good hand hygiene and observe physical distancing.
- Physical distancing will be observed and supported by signage including floor markers and other general signage which will encourage wearing of masks and good hand hygiene.
- Arriving guests will, as usual, meet the Sunswept Resorts Airport Concierge at the Sunswept Resorts kiosk on arrival which will be fitted with a plexi screen barrier for additional hygiene protection.
- Guests will be presented with a sealed pre-packaged amenity pack containing refreshments such as immune boosting power energy balls, water and dried fruit.
- The airport concierge will direct guests to an approved taxi operator, COVID-19 certified through the Taxi Association and St Lucia Government’s Ministry of Health and Wellness
- Airport concierge will not make contact with guest luggage.
- Approved taxi drivers will welcome guests in a vehicle that has been fully sanitised, to disinfect luggage, to exercise good hand hygiene and to wear face masks.
- Guests will be driven directly to the resort with no stops made along to route to patronise bars or restaurants or any other establishment.
At Resort: Arrival and Requirements
- All team members receiving guests and escorting guests to rooms will be wearing face masks, practice good hand hygiene and observe physical distancing.
- Guests will be received at the Welcome Pavilion by one of our team who will always practice hygiene safety.
- Guests are encouraged to take advantage of our contactless check-in via our online webroom prior to arrival as this will eliminate any requirement for paperwork upon check-in (sign up at www.bodyholiday.com).
- Physical distancing signage including floor markers will be in place to maintain distancing which guests are required to adhere to.
- For the safety and hygiene of both guests and our team, greetings such as the right hand on heart with a bow symbol or the namaste greeting are encouraged.
- A handwashing station will be available on entry for guests to exercise good hand hygiene when arriving at the resorts.
- Guests will not be presented with a welcome drink at the gazebo however this will be served in their room.
- Luggage will be collected by the Bellman wearing disposable gloves and taken to the luggage bay for disinfection using electrostatic sprayers prior to room delivery. Please be patient while we get these safely and disinfected to your room.
- Guests will be required to undertake a daily temperature check which will be monitored by the resorts resident nurse. Any guest who has a temperature above 37 °C (99 °F) must be isolated immediately for further assessment. Should a further PCR test be required,
guests will be required to remain in their rooms or the medical unit, depending on severity of symptoms, until results have been received. This will be managed by our resident nurse.
- While guests will be able to enjoy all the resort facilities, activities, spa and dining options available, no guest is permitted to leave the resort unless on a pre-booked excursion arranged only via the hotel. No visits to community markets, shopping or attractions that
have not had official Government sanctioned COVID certification will be permitted.
• Our team members will avoid contact with the room door handle but invite guests to handle this themselves to limit surface contact.
• Each guest room will be fully sanitised and sani-seal placed on the door which indicates that the guest’s room has not had any other access to the room following the exit of the room attendant.
• Room information and orientation will be provided by our team members from the door and they will not enter the guest room.
• Luggage, already disinfected, will be delivered to the door. Bellman will not enter the room.
- All team members entering a guest room will wear face masks and aprons and practice good hand hygiene.
- Access to guest rooms will be limited to Housekeeping and Maintenance.
– Following a guest’s departure, a waiting period of 24 hours will be observed before this room is serviced and re-sanitised for the use of the next guest.
– Rooms being prepared for arriving guests will be fully sanitised using electrostatic sprayers for hard surfaces and steam cleaners for soft surfaces.
- During Guests Stay
– Daily, each occupied room will be accessed only by the room attendant unless the services of Maintenance are specifically requested by the guest.
– All room linen will be laundered at hospital grade standards.
– On completion of cleaning, the room attendant will place the sani-seal across the entrance door to indicate to team members that there should be no further entry into the room and to reassure guests that their room has been fully sanitized.
- Guests will be welcome to enjoy the beach at both resorts and will not be required to wear face masks in this area, however are encouraged to do so in public areas where physical distancing may not be possible (i.e. walking to and from the beach).
- All our team members delivering our beach experience will wear face masks, practice good hand hygiene and observe physical distancing.
- Daily, beach loungers, umbrella stems and cocktail tables will be cleaned and sanitised using electrostatic sprayers. After each individual guest use, umbrella stations and beach chairs will be sanitized by the Beach Ambassadors.
- Beach towels will be presented to guests by team members with clean disposable gloves
- Beach loungers will be placed in keeping with physical distancing requirements. Signage will support this, and guests are requested to adhere to these distancing requirements at all times.
- Guests will be able to enjoy service of beverages and snacks while at the beach.
- Guests are not required to wear masks but will be required to wash and sanitise hands before entry to each dining venue.
- All team members in our restaurants will wear protective face masks, practice good hand hygiene and observe physical distancing.
- Hand wash and sanitisation stations will be available at the entrance of each restaurant to allow guests the opportunity to practice good hand hygiene.
- On a daily basis all furniture within our restaurants will be sanitised using electrostatic sprayers.
- Traditional buffet service will be suspended and table d’hote menus will be offered in many cases as an alternative to ensure food is served directly from the kitchen.
- In any instance where a guest is served at the cooking line, dishes will be plated by the chef and handed directly to the guest.
- Physical distancing will always be observed at the cooking line. Guests will be directed by floor markers and plexi screen separators will be in place to distance guests from the Chefs and the food. Food will be served/passed through the service openings at the base
of the plexi screen.
- No more than 6 guests will be allowed at one table at any one time.
- Additional communal tables will be made available.
- Physical distancing will be maintained in the following ways:
– Guests on entry will be guided by floor markers to distance appropriately.
– Table seating will be managed by restaurant hosts and guests will be seated in keeping with physical distancing requirements.
- Sanitisation of chairs and tables will be undertaken after every guest use.
- Guests will be permitted to place orders at the bars however will not be allowed to sit at
the bar. Beverages will be served to guests at their tables.
- Guests are required to exercise physical distancing at tables and seating areas and follow
the guidance provided by the signage displayed for reference.
- Guests will be able to enjoy and participate in the usual extensive range of activities at each resort and will not be required to wear face masks providing physical distancing is followed at all times.
- All team members hosting activity classes will wear face masks, practice good hand hygiene and observe physical distancing.
- Class/activity locations will be sanitised daily using electrostatic sprayers. This will also be undertaken between classes where groups are hosted e.g. stretch class in fitness studio
- All equipment including yoga mats, exercise bands, etc. will be sanitised fully daily and following each use.
- Physical distancing will be maintained at all times.
- Maximum numbers of guests for activities and classes will be determined for each location and activity. Unique signage reflecting these maximum numbers will be displayed in each area and guests are encouraged to utilise the webroom services pre-arrival to plan their activities and classes to ensure space availability.
- In the case that a popular class becomes over-subscribed (due to physical distancing requirements) the team, will offer additional classes to ensure all guests can enjoy the full program.
- The use of our swimming pools is encouraged however physical distancing within the pools will be required and monitored by a team member for adherence.
- Excursions will be available, guests must book these via our activities team to ensure only COVID certified trips are undertaken as mandated by St Lucia government.
- Within the library, no books will be available for guest use in order to adhere to contact restrictions. Guests are advised to bring with them their own reading material.
Wellness Centre / Spa Facilities Staff Protocols
- All team members and therapists must undertake a temperature check using touchless infrared thermometers before entering the Wellness Centre. Any team member who has a temperature above 37 °C (99 °F) will not be allowed to be in contact with any guests
until they have no fever and no evidence of COVID-19 symptoms.
- Daily spot checks of the spa facility and its operations will be undertaken by the Resident Nurse to ensure adherence to all resort wide protocols.
- All team members will have undertaken training covering the safe use of PPE, Sanitisation practices as well as COVID-19 awareness.
- All team members will be wearing face masks, practice good hand hygiene and observe physical distancing.
- Therapists will be required to wear face masks at all times.
Guests pre-arrival / pre-treatment
- Any guest displaying an elevated temperature during the routine temperature checks by the resident nurse will not be permitted to undertake any treatment or service in the Wellness Centre / Spa.
- Guests may be required to answer health questions during their visit to the Wellness Centre / Spa as a precautionary check on their wellbeing for the safety of all
The Treatment Experience
- Itineraries and treatment schedules will be provided to guests electronically and guests are encouraged to utilise the resort’s online webroom prior to arrival to plan and schedule treatments in advance of arrival.
- The Wellness Centre / Spa will avoid taking cash payments and encourage room charges only for paid treatments and services.
- We have a no-tipping policy for individuals. Guests are asked not to tip Team Members individually. A communal tipping box is available at Concierge which is distributed to all Team Members equally.
- Before entering a Treatment Room, a Wellness Centre Ambassador / Spa therapist will use a contactless thermometer to check the temperature of each guest prior to treatments. Any guest who has a temperature above 37 °C (99 °F) will not be allowed to commence their treatment.
- Guests must approach and enter the Wellness Centre / Spa wearing a face mask however will be allowed to remove this when the therapist has exited and they are ready to lay face down on the massage bed.
- Guests will be offered hand sanitiser to clean their hands prior to removing their robes
- Sanitisation in the guest’s presence will be undertaken as follows:
– Therapist will wash hands for at least 20 seconds.
– Therapist will disinfect face cradle in guest’s presence prior to exiting room for guest to disrobe.
– Disinfectant will be sprayed on to the cradle and allowed the two-minute prescribed contact time.
– A clean face towel or cradle cover will be placed on to the face cradle before the guest is invited to utilise the massage bed.
- All used linen will be replaced between treatments and before a guest is invited to utilise the massage bed.
- On return to the room after allowing guest privacy to disrobe, therapists will again wash hands for at least 20 seconds using antibacterial soap and warm water.
- All equipment used in treatments such as hot stones, manicure & pedicure stations, wash basins etc, will be cleaned and sanitised between each use
- All restroom surfaces including floors, sinks and toilet bowls will be cleaned and disinfected every 2 hours.
- High touch surfaces e.g. door handles, handrails, switches and other surfaces will be disinfected every 30 minutes.
- Antibacterial hand soap will be provided alongside disposable hand towels.
- Only enclosed garbage receptacles operated by a foot pedal will be used.
- Guests will be invited to use the lounge chairs around the pool however these will be positioned to adhere to physical distancing standards.
- All guests are required to shower before entering the pool.
- Guests will be required to adhere to physical distancing protocols inside the pool which will be monitored by a member of our team.
For any questions or queries please do not hesitate to firstname.lastname@example.org who would be happy to offer any further clarification required.