No Bake Energy Bites
These delicious little no bake energy bites are the perfect healthy snack!
FIND OUT HOW TO PREPARE THE NO BAKE ENERGY BITES
During our Pre-Christmas Restorative Break, we have been offering a “Healthy Snack Ideas” workshop. The goal of this workshop is to learn how to prepare easy, nutritious snacks to have pre-or post workout, as well as to have an alternative for healthier desserts during the holiday season.
Here are the recipes for these no-bake energy bites. We hope you enjoy them!
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (we used old-fashioned oats)
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or vegan chocolate chips)
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds(optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Once chilled, roll into balls of the size you would like. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Makes about 20-25 balls. (Depending on size)
- 3 medium – carrot
- 6 medium – dates, Medjool
- 1/2cup – pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon – almond butter
- 1 cup – oats, dry
- 1 teaspoon – cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon – nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon – ginger, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon – sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of raisins
- 2/3 cup of water
- Process the carrots in a food processor bowl until finely ground. Transfer to a plate or bowl and return the bowl to the food processor base.
- Add in dates and pecans and process until combined. Return the processed carrots to the food processor and add in the remaining ingredients.
- Process until dough forms and you can roll them easily into balls. If the mixture is too wet, add a tablespoon or two of flaxseed meal (or more oats). Roll the mixture into balls and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
Relish these healthy treats without guilt. Let us know if you enjoyed them and please feel free to share your creations on Instagram tagging @thebodyholiday