Tao Salad: Mixed Green Leaves with Tofu, Crispy Vegetable, Roasted Almond, Tomato and Sesame Apple Dressing
This crowd pleasing Tao Salad is sophisticated and delicious. Whether preparing for a group or yourself, it is sure to impress.
What you will need for 2 portions:
- 4 oz. of mixed leaves
- 4 oz. of tofu
- 2 oz. of freshly sliced tomato
- A pinch of black sesame seeds
- A pinch of white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. of roasted almonds
- 1 oz. of white cabbage
- 1 oz. of red cabbage
- 1 oz. of carrots
- 1 oz. teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp. of apple cider
- 2 tbsp. of honey
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 1/2 oz. of water
Garnish: sliced radish and fresh coriander
- Slice the carrot, cabbages and the radish in Julienne (cut into long thin strips, similar to matchsticks) add the herbs. Place in cold water for 2 to 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees C. Place sliced almond and sesame seeds. Toss every 2 minutes all
owing evenly browning. Turn oven off as it’s hot enough, and place the fresh tomato slices in oven for 2-3 hours until dried.
- In a small bowl mix apple cider, honey, salt and pepper together. Stir well and place aside in chiller. Marinate tofu in teriyaki for 45 minutes.
To plate: place a bed of crispy vegetable and mixed salad. Add tofu dices, sliced sun-dried tomato garnish with radishes, roasted almond and fresh coriander.