Tridoshic Green Tea
This homemade tridoshic green tea is healthy, delicious and suitable for all dosha types.
- Fresh Mint leaves : 8 to 10 nos
- Fresh Tulsi (basil) leaves : 10 to 12
- Mexican Thyme / broad leaf thyme /Karpooravalli: 4 to 5 nos
- Ginger : 1 small piece
- Water : 3 cups
- Jaggery : 30 gms / Honey
- Cardamom pods: 2 nos
- Black Pepper: 3 nos
- Wash all the green herbs and cut into pieces.
- Crush the ginger and the cardamom pods
- Bring the water in a big pot and heat it.
- Add all the herbs, ginger, cardamom and the black pepper.
- Let it boil 10 – 15 minutes.
- Add jiggery teaspoons and mix it well.
- Filter it through a strainer.
- Serve hot or let it cool and you can have as cold tea as well.
- Green Tea Increases Fat Burning and Improves Physical Performanc
- Antioxidants in Green Tea May Lower Your Risk of Various Types of Cancer
- Green Tea Can Kill Bacteria, Which Improves Dental Health and Lowers Your Risk of Infection
- Green Tea May Lower Your Risk of Type II Diabetes.
- Anti-viral and Anti-bacterial
- It Relieves indigestion. Fights aches and pains. It gives you glowing and acne free skin. Helps fight oral infections. It helps to boosts immunity. It beats morning sickness in pregnant women.
Mexican Thyme / Broad Leaf Thyme / Omavalli
- It is excellent cure for cough and cold. It helps us to recover from severe wheezing and bronchitis related issues. It is used in urticaria and other allergic conditions.
- Helps in eliminating toxins from the body and promotes perspiration. It also increases absorption of nutrients and helps regulate female menstruation. It helps in regenerating cells and tissues
- Crushed leaves are used as a local application to head in headache and to relieve the pain and irritation caused by stings of centipedes.
- Calming the Stomach
- Coughing and Colds
- Facial Steam for Headache
- Antibiotic properties
- Ear Infections
- Jaggery is a traditional Non-centrifugal cane sugar consumed in Asia and Africa. It is a concentrated product of date, cane juice, or palm sap without separation of the molasses and crystals, and can vary from golden brown to dark brown in color.
- Jaggery is a great remedy for anemia, asthma, joint pains and menstrual pains. It also aids in digestion, purifies blood and keeps the skin away from problems such as acnes and pimples. It is a great energy booster as it provides us lots of energy. If you feel drained at any point of the day, a piece of jaggery with water can do wonders for you.