Vegetable Dhaliya with Mint Cilantro Chutney
This Ayurvedic dish is a simple and healthy one-pot meal. It is low in fat and cholesterol, high in iron and fibre, and very easy to digest.
- Broken Wheat : 100 grams
- Carrot : 15 grams
- Capsicum : 15 grams
- Beans (green fresh) : 15 grams
- Green Chilies (pepper): 2 nos
- A piece of Ginger
- Vegetable or olive oil : 5 grams
- Seasoning ingredients – Mustard seeds, Onion
- Salt as per taste
- Toast wheat in heavy based pan without oil and keep it aside.
- Cut vegetables into pieces, set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the seasoning ingredients. Add chopped green chilies and ginger.
- Fry for a minute and add water. As the water boils, add the roasted wheat & salt. When wheat is half cooked, add all the vegetables and let it boil till soft. Serve hot & garnish with chopped coriander.
Note: This is a bland diet and can be served to convalescent patients, diabetic, hypertensive (salt excluded) and others.
The health benefits of wheat greatly depend on the form in which you consume it. While whole wheat is extremely nutritious, the benefits of wheat are reduced if you eat bleached white flour which is obtained by processing after only 60% extraction from the grain. In the process of making 60% abstraction flour, more than half of the vitamin B1, B2, B3, E, calcium, phosphorus, folic acid, copper, zinc, iron, and fiber are lost.
Wheat is rich in catalytic elements, mineral salts, calcium, magnesium, potassium, sulfur, chlorine, arsenic, silicon, manganese, zinc, iodide, copper, vitamin B, and vitamin E. This wealth of nutrients is why wheat is often used as a cultural base or foundation of nourishment. Issues like anemia, mineral deficiencies, gallstones, breast cancer, chronic inflammation, obesity, asthenia, tuberculosis, pregnancy problems and breastfeeding problems are quickly improved by consuming whole wheat.
Mint Cilantro Chutney
- Mint Leaves : 20 grams (chopped)
- Cilantro / coriander leaves : 30 grams (chopped)
- Fresh grated coconut : 50 grams (Or Coconut Milk if you cannot get fresh coconut)
- Green pepper : 2 nos
- Ginger : a small piece
- ½ small white onion (chopped)
Add all ingredients to a blender or mortar and pestle (plus some water) and blend until smooth.
Mint relieves indigestion, fights aches and pains and gives you glowing and acne free skin. It helps to boosts immunity and fight oral infections.
Coriander has antibiotic, anti-cancer, anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to maintain normal blood sugar for diabetics and has cholesterol lowering abilities.